Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Recycled Glass Bottles

I save every glass bottle I use!  My husband thinks I'm crazy, especially when he has to unload the dishwasher and there are all kinds of bottles!  He did think I was a little less crazy when I finally finished a really cool project with them...that he could see, that is!

I used 3 Snapple bottles and 2 BBQ bottles, Silver Paint, Yellow & Orange Daisies.


I poured the paint in the bottle.  I put the lid on and then shook, twirled, anything to cover the inside of the bottle completely.  I then put them upside down...this is where it gets messy so make sure you have paper or a towel down.  When you open the bottles, paint will come "oozy" out.  I emptied as much paint out as I could and then placed them right side up again, without the lids, and let them dry overnight. 


This is my finished project.  It brightens up my entry way!



1 comment:

  1. How cool!! I save lots of glass bottles for random things too. Currently using some as toothbrush/toothpaste holders in my bathroom, and I think they are pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete